Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal has announced recently that the people of the capital will be browsing the internet through free WiFi across the state in 6 months.
According to NDTV, the Delhi government plans to inaugurate 100 promised 11,000 WiFi hot spots on December 16, Delhi Chief Minister said.
It has also been said that 7,000 of these 11,000 free wifi hot spots will be set in different markers and 4,000 at bus stops all across the region.
According to the Kejriwal, this WiFi project will cost the AAP government Rs 100 crore.
But, this has also been one of the AAP government’s flagship projects. However, they have also made promises and missed deadlines multiple times
in the past.
Earlier, Kejriwal had also said that every user will be given 15 GB free data per month as part of the first phase of the Delhi government’s WiFi programme.
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal has said that Delhi will get free public Wi-Fi in the upcoming days. He also said that somewhere around 11,000 Wi-Fi hot spots would be set up across bus stops and markets. Around 4,000 hotspots would be set up at bus stops and 7,000 hotspots would be put up at markets.
He also declared that the first 100 free wifi hot spots would be inaugurated on December 16. CM Kejriwal also said that every week, 500 hotspots would be set up and the project would be completed within 6 months.
CM Kejriwal estimated that the project would also cost Rs 100 crore.
The Chief Minister had announced this project in August last year. Kejriwal had, in his earlier announcement, said, “11,000 hotspots will be installed across Delhi. The vital work is to provide free Wi-Fi has started in away. Every user will be given the 15 GB data free, every month. This is the first phase.”
Before this, CM Kejriwal had made travel for women on buses free. He had said that Delhi Metro would also be free for women but that is yet to take place. The Aam Aadmi Party leader had also said that electricity would be free for Delhi residents for up to 200 units. He said residents would need to pay half the price for consumption between 201 and 400 units.
Separately, the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) raised questions recently over the Delhi government’s expenditure. The government had spent more than Rs 1,000 crore in a gap of 30 days. The CAG said that such spending was against the financial rules. The Delhi government has also been questioned for spending money in overstepping the rules in 26 items, including health, education, city development and social welfare.
Announcing that people in Delhi will soon be able to enjoy free WiFi access, Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Wednesday announced that the state government plans to set up 11,000 wifi-hotspots in the national capital within the next six months and the first 100 hotspots will be inaugurated on December 16.
Speaking to the media people, the chief minister said, “Providing free wifi hot spots to the people of Delhi was an important part of our manifesto. So, 11,000 wifi-hotspots will be set up in which 4000 hotspots will be set up at bus stops and 7000 in markets which will be divided as per 100 hotspots per assembly.
The first 100 hotspots will be inaugurated on December 16.” “It will cost around Rs 100 crores. Subsequently, in every week 500 wifi-hotspots will be added, and within 6 months these 11,000 hotspots will be set up. This step will help students and people in other sectors,” he added.
In August month, the Chief Minister had announced that 2.80 lakh CCTV cameras will be installed across the national capital, along with 11,000 free WiFi hotspots.
“One of our major electoral promises was of giving free WiFi hot spots. Cabinet has approved a decision that 11,000 hotspots will be installed in whole Delhi in which 4000 spots will be at bus stops and the other 7000 hotspots will be divided as per 100 hotspots per assembly. Every user will be given 15 GB of free data per month. This will be the first phase,” Kejriwal said.
The chief minister had also said that within three to four months the work for both the CCTVs and WiFi hotspots will begin after the process of tender and work allocation is done. Free Wi-Fi was a key poll promise of the AAP during the last assembly elections. The state of the 11,000 hotspots, 4,000 will be set up at bus stops and 7,000 others will be located in markets, residential welfare associations and other places in the city, he added.
There will be 100 hotspots in every Assembly segment. The project is expected to cost around ₹100 crores.
After the inauguration of the first batch of 100 hotspots on December 16, 500 free wifi hot spots will be set up every week and in the next six months, all 11,000 hotspots will be in place, he said. is set to go to polls soon.
Read More: Tik Tok Online
Government Answer On Migrant Crisis
With the starting of the Monsoon session as the parliamentary activities are finally moving, members are all set with their questions for the ruling party. Trinamool Congress MP Mala Roy has questioned Home Ministry about steps taken for the protection of Migrant crisis. Due to the imposition of stringent lockdown in wake of Co-Vid19 labors faced the most of heat. Lack of employment, lack of funds to survive and no transportation to move have contributed to their woes. Mala Roy asked in her question that what actions the Government took to protect them.
Centre says, “No data of migrants”
Centre informed in Parliament there is no such data available. Replying to Mala Roy’s question and several such questions Ministry of Labour and Employment said that there is no recorded data about the death of Migrants available. A report by World Bank states that due to April’s lockdown in the nation about 40 million internal migrants have been hit by employment crisis. Furthermore, to the question, whether any steps are taken for the protection of migrants or any compensation was given? Centre answered that since there is no data no question of compensation. No recorded data of the unemployment due to Covid is found.
Steps taken by the center
One after other shocker is received as Centre has no data of Migrants. Fruit sellers, hawkers, daily wage workers and unskilled labours working in factories are worst hit. The government said that as a country India responded by the local bodies, state governments, NGOs and many others. Government has started special Shramik trains for the labourers. Many facilities are made to help them survive. As the distribution of Cereals, Pulses, Sugar, vegetable spices and water for free.
In some places, cooked food is also distributed for free. Labour Ministry chief said that 1164 trains have operated to help migrants reach their homes. Almost 10.4 million labours have returned. Most of the labours or migrants who have been successfully dropped to their homes are in states of Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan. On questions of deaths of migrants while on their way to home or even in trains center replies as- non-availability of data.
Data from states are found that almost 63.7 lakh stranded labours are returned to home by Shramik special train. Other migrants who set their journey on foot or by hitch-hiking is still not found. In trains 110 deaths are found to report. The reasons are many some because if illness, some due to accidents, lack of food and non-availability of water. In June the Chief of Labour Commission is ordered to meticulously record data of migrants from various sources under the orders by Central Information Commission. In many states and union territories the advisory guidelines are invoked. Orders are been given to maintain updated labour laws.
The state of labours and migrants is still bad. There seems to be no significant improvement. Due to the labour employment crisis financial wellbeing of country has also taken a hit. In upcoming sessions, the labour crisis and government’s actions on it will de looked into with even more depth.
Rhea Chakraborty Arrested, Charged For Consuming Marijuana
After days of rigorous questioning, Indian actress Rhea Chakraborty arrested by Narcotics Control Bureau on Tuesday. The actress has been taken into judicial custody till September 22. NCB has charged the actress for the involvement in procuring and financing the consumption of marijuana for her late boyfriend actor Sushant Singh Rajput along with her brother Showik Chakraborty, house manager Samuel Miranda and cook Dipesh Swant who were arrested earlier.
Charges against Rhea Chakraborty
Rhea has been booked by NCB under the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act. under section 8(c) dealing with possession and purchase of illegal drugs, 20B(II) for possession, purchase, and transportation of illegal drugs, 27 dealing with financing illicit traffic, 28 dealing with an attempt to commit the offence, and 29 for abetment and criminal conspiracy.
Statement by NCB
NCB has charged her being a part of an “active drug racket” connected with drug suppliers. The agency has said that they have received a lot of information and nobody will be spared. The application by NCB states that all the deliveries of marijuana and other drugs and payment for these drugs were done with complete knowledge of Rhea and even at times, the order and choice of drugs, along with payment have also been done by Rhea herself. She is the tenth person in the list of people arrested. As per the report by NCB Rhea’s brother, Showik has made a statement that he has facilitated the drug delivery through peddler Basit Prihar, Kaizen Ibrahim, and Zaid Vilatra. He has been accused of procuring weed for Rajput from September 2019 to March 2020. The chat messages found on Rhea’s phone which lead to the involvement of NCB when the investigation was carried out by the Enforcement Directorate is prime evidence.
The national Control bureau has not asked her custody as they have done enough questioning in the last three days. The agency has asked for Rhea to be sent to judicial custody, which means that the accused is put in the custody of the magistrate concerned. The judicial custody will be for 14 days i.e. till September 22. After her arrest rhea has been sent to Sion hospital for medical tests and will be sent to Byculla jail. The session court, today rejected the bail plea for Rhea Chakraborty. She will be again applying for bail in Mumbai high court tomorrow.
Rhea’s lawyer Satish Maneshinde termed rhea’s arrest as “ a travesty of justice” and said that the three agencies are hounding an innocent girl just because the man she loved was a drug addict. He was also suffering from mental health issues for years and was getting treatment from almost five famous psychiatrists of Mumbai and attempted suicide by taking illegal drugs”. Many Netizens and Bollywood celebrities have also come to Rhea’s rescue by saying it a witch-hunt and have shown disagreement for the unfair treatment done with Rhea by central agencies and the media.
With the arrest of Rhea Chakraborty, a new case has come into the light of drug cartel in Bollywood. However, a clear distinction needs to be made that the case of the reason for the death of the actor Sushant Singh Rajput. CBI and NCB are currently working in the case.
Top 10 Quotes from India’s Former President Pranab Mukherjee
On 31 August, Former President of India Pranab Mukherjee took his last breath. He was known for his efficient administrative skills, role as a politician and eloquent speaking. His visionary quotes and inspirational lifestyle are inspirational for many. As the President of India, he has always been seen as a respectable figure by the countrymen and on his death, the Prime Minister has announced seven-day mourning.
Pranab Mukherjee, the 13th President of India
Pranab Mukherjee was the 13th President of India and in his five-decade-old political career, he is known to hold a number of portfolios including finance, defence, foreign affairs, shipping, revenue, communication, transport, economic affairs and industry. He was awarded Bharat Ratna for his services to the nation in 2019 by current President, Ram Nath Kovind. Some of the major acts for which he is known to include SmarTgram project, the inauguration of the first phase of solarization project in President’s estate and conversion of The Stables and The Coach House into a magnificent museum in his tenure. He took his last breath at Army’s research and Referral Hospital in New Delhi. The main cause of his death was a lung infection.
Pranab Mukherjee was a wonderful orator. He was a visionary man with an optimistic outlook. Here a few quotes by him which clearly portray his vision and thoughts.
Thoughts about the political system
Quote about the Constitution of India
Views about women empowerment
Quote about himself
The way to achieve development
Views about Poverty
The four pillars of development and work culture of a nation
What leads to the dilution of national identity?
Views about secularism
The most abusive humiliation
Pranab Mukherjee was one of the visionaries who played a very important role in Indian Political system both as a part of active politics by being a minister and also as the President of India. He will always be remembered for the services rendered by him for the nation.
‘Black Panther’ Star, Chadwick Boseman, Dies Of Colon Cancer, Aged 42
2020 is continuously giving bad news. Recently, Chadwick Boseman, the actor famous for his role as Black Panther in marvel series died at the age of 42. The cause of death is colon cancer. Chadwick Boseman has played several iconic roles in Hollywood. He has always given a famous speech at 2019’s Screen Actors Guild Awards. Chadwick’s death has been confirmed by his family through his social media handle.
Chadwick and his iconic performances
Chadwick Boseman is best known for his performance as Black Panther in Marvel Series. Bur he has also played several iconic roles. He is best known for his roles as baseball player Jackie Robinson, music icon James Brown, and Marvel superhero T’Challa also known as Black Panther. Chadwick was born and raised in South Carolina. He has studied directing at Howard University. After his education, he soon began his acting career playing historic Black icons like Thurgood Marshall in Marshall, Brown in getting on Up, and Robinson in 42.
Boseman’s speech about Black Panther’s legacy
Boseman delivered a famous speech about the representation and legacy of Black Panther at 2019’s Screen Actors Guild Awards. In his speech, he said, “We know what it’s like to be told there’s not a screen for you to be featured on, a stage for you to be featured on. We know what it’s like to be the tail, but not the head. We know what it’s like to be beneath, but not above. And that is what we went to work with every day. Because we knew not that we would be around during awards season or that it would make a billion dollars, but we knew that we had something special that we wanted to give the world — that we could be full human beings in the roles that we were playing.”
Confirmation of death
Chadwick’s death has been confirmed by his family on his Twitter handle. They confirmed that Chadwick Boseman was suffering from colon cancer, the fourth stage. He was diagnosed with stage three of colon cancer in the year 2016 and it progressed with time. The statement says, “A true fighter, Chadwick persevered through it all and brought you many of the films you have come to love so much,” the statement said. “From Marshall to Da 5 Bloods, August Wilson’s Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom and several more, all were filmed during and between countless surgeries and chemotherapy. “It was the honour of his career to bring T’Challa to life in Black Panther. He died in his home, with his wife and family by his side.”
It is a hard time as a superhero in real life has lost us. He has managed to work better everyday battling with cancer but cancer won the battle. Chadwick was a real hero who is still alive in the hearts of his family, friends and fans. He will always be remembered for his iconic performances.
KFC Gets Rid Of Iconic Tagline ‘It’s Finger-Lickin’ Good’ After 64 Years In View Of The Pandemic
Whenever someone says ‘It’s Finger-Lickin’ Good’, KFC is what comes to our mind. This 64 year old and of one of the most successful food chains in the market has decided to get rid of its iconic tagline due to coronavirus. As the number of cases is rising day by day, the food chain has shown its concern and changed its tagline which was not at all in the purview of safety measures prescribed. However, the global chief marketing officer of KFC has assured that the tagline has been suspended temporarily only and it will be brought back once situation will restore to normal.
Reason of suspending tagline
The main reason behind suspending the iconic tagline of KFC was the ongoing pandemic. The tagline was not following the safety measures prescribed during a pandemic. On Monday, when KFC announced that it will be suspending its slogan, it also called it “most inappropriate slogan for 2020”. In a statement, the company said, “Think we can all agree, this year has been like no other and, right now, our slogan doesn’t feel quite right. So, for that reason, we’ll be pressing pause on using it in our advertising, for a little while.” As the safety measures include not touching face or eyes with unwashed hands, KFC found it’s slogan inappropriate for this year.
Statement of Global Chief Officer at KFC
Catherine Tan-Gillespie, the global chief officer at KFC has made a statement regarding the slogan. She has also assured the customer that the only tagline is changing but the food will remain the same. Her statements also made it clear that the suspension of a tagline is temporary and it will be restored once this pandemic situation will be over. In her statement, she said, “We find ourselves in a unique situation — having an iconic slogan that doesn’t quite fit in the current environment. While we are pausing the use of ‘It’s Finger-Lickin’ Good’, rest assured the food craved by so many people around the world isn’t changing one bit.
KFC as a global brand
KFC has been one of the most successful food chains of restaurants in the global market. It is popular in almost every corner of the world. But as a global brand, the responsibility of the food chain company is also great. The part is that KFC realizes this responsibility and has taken steps by keeping it in mind.
The Global cases for Coronavirus are increasing and this is a matter of concern. What KFC has done is an example of Corporative Social Responsibility and the other big brands should also realize this as well. Customers are very happy at this decision of KFC as the brand has taken favourable steps for their safety. All we can do now is praise KFC and pray for the situation to get normal so that we can once again enjoy listening to the iconic tagline of KFC.